Sunday, October 28, 2012

Good news everywhere

Well, the best news first. My classmates Jason Schloss, Amberle Morgan, Zack Hall and, XiaoYan Zheng, won the Bowersox Graduate Supply Chain Challenge. They were accompanied by Dr Loray Mosher. The competition hosted by Michigan State University, and held at the Henry Center at Lansing, Michigan. There was stiff amongst the top ranked supply chain management programs.  The teams competed in a simulated real time competitive supply chain scenario and displayed their skills in managing a supply chain scenario, and like I said - WE WON! WPS!

The winning team- Xiaoyan, Zack, Amberle, Jason and faculty advisor Dr Loray Mosher
My whole class participated in a etiquette dinner , as part of a professional development program. The three hour session consisted of a three course dinner and professional advice about the dos and don’t of table manners in a professional setting. The evening was fun and had its share of some pretty entertaining questions. I for one definitely picked up a few pointers for the next event. Since we have a MBA social planned on November 1, I will be applying my newly acquired knowledge.

The MBA Class of 2013 at the etiquette dinner, at Carnal Hall
 Thank God we had a three course dinner. I don't know what I would have done had it been eight course. 
 The student mentors for the incoming batch of MBA students have been decided and I am lucky to be part of the team. Each year the faculty chooses mentors, based on applications.to help the incoming students, mostly by answering to any questions that the new students might have, as well as helping during the orientation process. Can't believe it going to be one year in Arkansas soon. Our team of 7 decided to click a few pictures with the awesome fall foliage.

Huaying, Sara, Tammy , Emmanuelle, me, Nick and Zack (L-R).The student mentors for the MBA Class of 2014 . David Dai, our classmate, was our photographer.
We had a awesome time clicking the pictures and then grabbing lunch at Dickson Street.
Well Halloween is around the corner and I am having a tough time deciding what I want to be for my FIRST ever Halloween. Sara, Samita, Devaratha and myself attended a "Spooky Night" event at the student union. We had a wild time, playing games, painting pumpkins and just acting weird at the photo booth.
Samita wearing really small glasses, Sara in a professional hat with, errr Cleopatra or was it Nefertiti?
The four of us met with Avatar (Micy, a undergrad student) at the photo booth.
Well, I have picked my Halloween costume and I am not going dressed as above. No use dressing up as myself, might as well dress up as something different. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment